Monday 14 February 2011

My WW2 letter home

Dear  Mum and dad,
I hope you are both alright. I am fine, but i am afraid of cows! the person I am staying with is a really nice man. I like it here because you get to grill your bread over the fire.

I go to Youngson Junior School, the teacher (Mrs Highter), is really nice to me and her husband is in the RAF. He flies a spitfire. I like the food because it is not rationed  and we get eggs from the chickens.

I did not know where I was going at first, but i soon found out that I was being evacuated . I am safe here although i want to come home.


                                                                                                             
                                                                                                          

4 comments:

  1. That is really good Thomas! See ya on the 4th March at scouts.

    From Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there any cows in this place? This is a lovely piece of work as you understood the feeling of the girls. Well done ! Mrs S

    ReplyDelete
  3. We learnt about this last term at upton st Leonards school. We must of been educated well, we only knew that the evacuees were scared of cows when we watched horrible histories but then we sort of looked at it.
    Love the peice of writing!

    From Lauren (in Y6 as well but at upton)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with mrs smith

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Where in the World?