Monday 14 February 2011

My Letter Home in the War by Chloe

Dear Mother,
                    I am pleased to inform you that a lovely young lady and her smart husband, picked me. I have have to share a room with their daughter, Mary, she is a lovely and we have become very good friends. I am missing you very much and I hope father is fine fighting at war, please send him my dearest love.
                    I have remembered my manners and I close my mouth when I am eating. I have lots to eat as we live next to a farm. Me and Mary go to the farm everyday for milk and eggs. We have bacon and scrambbled eggs for breakfast everyday.
                    I go to school with Mary and she helps me with my reading and writing. I really understand maths so I have moved up a group. I have a wonderful teacher and she helps me when I get confused.
                    I have grown an inch and three of my teeth have fallen out. I am thankful for your letters and the doll.                                       
                    Missing you lots, xxAnnxx

1 comment:

  1. So well done - really shows us what life was like for the evacuees. Well done. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

    Mrs S

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Where in the World?