Wednesday 16 February 2011

London 2012

As you should know, the Oylimpics is being hosted in London in 2012!!! These are the official logos for 2012!!!

The five Olympic rings represent the five continents involved in the games and were designed in 1913, adopted in 1914.

The games traditionly begin months before the opening ceromony with the torch relay.
In 2004, more than 3,600 people carried the torch all over the world. They covered 48,500 miles in 78 days. The torch was transported by air, across seas, by car, bicycle, motorcycle and wheelchair.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks Nathan - that is really interesting. Are you planning to go to an event? Anything in particular?

    Mrs S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm maybe. I'm going to try to pursuade my perants to get some tickets for something!




    Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx for the info it was really helpful I assume you're very intelligent (just like me!)

    Thanx
    I go to upton

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to go to something - not sure what though! I like the track events but I think any sport watched 'live' is so exciting - well except my football team are often more exciting if I can switch over onto a different channel occasionally!

    Mrs S

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Where in the World?